If you have a website or thinking of starting one, you probably asked yourself how do I get them to come back to my site. The reason why it is important to get people to visit your site repeatedly is because a visitor who has previously checked out your website is much more likely to become a customer than a first time visitor.
Here are a few things you can do to entice people to visit your site on a regular basis:
- Update your site on a regular basis, at least once a month. Beside providing the newest information about your business, this has an additional benefit. Search engines rank websites that change higher than neglected sites.
- Have a “Latest News” section on your Home page. This way your visitors don’t need to look for new information on your site, but see it at a glance. You can link the short intro to the page which contains the new information.
- Have special ‘Web Promotion’ or Special Offer. Everyone likes to get a deal or discount. Change the special on a regular basis and let your visitors know (e.g. monthly special, offer of the week).
- Add a ‘Bookmark this Site’ link. Make it easy for your visitors to bookmark your site and the chances that they actually bookmark your site are pretty good. Statistics show that people will return more likely to a site that they have bookmarked.
- Offer contests or competitions – these are great traffic builders. As an additional bonus you can collect valuable information about your visitors through the entry form. You can also add a checkbox to get permission to email them with information about your business.
- Have a ‘Tip of the Day’ feature on your home page. Offer a tip that relates to your products or Services. This can be just a sentence or a paragraph. You can ‘archive’ these tips on a special page, this way your website gets changed often and it also grows and as we know with website it’s all about size.