When you take a close look at it, the purpose of a website comes down to information and interaction. The world wide web is all about information.
Information is the main reason someone visits a website of any kind. For this reason, every sentence, picture or message, everything that makes up your site should be there for one reason - to get information to your visitors. Even people that won’t buy over the Internet are looking for information, information about your products, your prices, your services. If they find that information on your site and like it, they might become a client, if they don’t find what they’re looking for they definitely won’t become a client.
Interaction is what separates a website from a print ad or a flyer. Interaction is the lifeblood of the internet. Without interaction your website is missing the most important aspect of a website. If you don’t give your visitors ways to interact with your company they won’t stay for long and they might not be back in a while.
Here are some tips how you can make sure visitors can interact with you:
- Include contact information on every page a link to the page with your contact information
- Have a downloadable catalogue, product information, or even a coupon, or special offer
- Ask visitors for feedback, comments about the site, or let them ask you a question.
- Make it easy for visitors to find information on your site.
- Change your content often, or add new information on a regular basis.